Click on a verse to see it here.
Direct Prophecies of Jesus in the Old Testament
Here is a map to a fair portion of them
He was despised, and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and as one from whom men hide their faces. Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we considered him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the punishment that brought us peace; and by his wounds we are healed.
1. Each one of these verses contain a prophecy about Jesus Christ. Notice the Specific Lifetime Prophecies section in the five o'clock region. They told about many of his life specifics, his character, accomplishments, even where he would be born and grow up. The pattern of one man fulfilling every one of these prophecies is nearly impossible, unless he was really truly the Promised One.
2. Psalm 119:105 to these verses:
Job 29:3; Psalm 19:8, 18:28, & 43:3; Proverbs 6:23; Matthew 6:19-24; John 1:1-4; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:19; and Revelation 1:9-20. Following the subject links from Psalm 119:105 to the other verses will help also.
We can conclude that the scriptures (the Word of God) are the light in God Himself, even the light and the fire in the eyes of Jesus Christ; and that when we set our eyes on His Word, His light transfers to us. -- It's Him in us.
3. Upcoming project: mapping each of these prophecies to their fulfilled mention in the new testament gospels. I'm looking for anyone who wants to get into web ministry. Please join the effort if you are moved to do so. Thank you!
Pan and zoom to your hearts content.
Use Settings to adjust radius and text size.
These are Hierarchical Relationships
- Blue Text is the Selected Item
- Green lines show what belongs to the Selected Item.
- 1a. Green lines + Red Items show mutual ownership.